MyMediTravel currently has no pricing information available for Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) procedures in Switzerland. However, by submitting your enquiry, you'll hear back from the facility with more details of the pricing.
A huge thank you to the healthcare team who took care of me urgently on April 22, 2020. The welcome at the front desk, the anesthesia team, the assistants, the nurses in the operating room and the recovery room were so sweet and very attentive.I will never forget that time spent with you. Good luck to everyone, e.D. Riva
I would like to join all the positive reviews.TOP CLINIC! The staff - reception, care, anesthesia - is very friendly, the wishes of the patients are met and the food - quality and service - is excellent. A big thank you to the whole team.A very special thank you to Mrs. E. Sopjani, who accompanied me almost every day, for her helpfulness, friendliness and very pleasantand encouraging demeanor. Although still in training, she was professionally on a par with her specialist women and men. Which certainly speaks for the trainer and the clinic.I can only recommend the Bethanien Klinik.
I can't think of a better place for our daughter's birth. With the team at Klinik Im Park, I felt that I was in the best hands at all times. In the newly renovated rooms in the maternity ward, you feel like you are in a 5-star hotel. An all-round perfect start for our daughter and her parents ;-)
Klinik Hirslanden, located in Witellikerstrasse, Zurich, Switzerland offers patients Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) procedures among its total of 930 available procedures, across 30 different specialties. Currently, there's no pricing information for Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) procedures at Klinik Hirslanden, as all prices are available on request only. All procedures and treatments are undertaken by the lead specialist at the Clinic, and they are not accredited by any recognized accreditations institutes
At MyMediTravel, we're making medical easy. You can search, compare, discuss, and book your medical all in one place. We open the door to the best medical providers worldwide, saving you time and energy along the way, and it's all for FREE, no hidden fees, and no price markups guaranteed. So what are you waiting for?
FFS for short, Facial Feminization Surgery involves a collection of cosmetic procedures that alter typical masculine facial features, to give them a more feminine appearance. It can involve bone and soft tissue procedures, for example, rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, brow lift, cheek, and lip augmentation.
In this before and after example, the patient underwent Rhinoplasty, Chin recontouring, Jaw reduction, Lip lift, and eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty). The photo is taken 4 months post-op.
Facial Feminization can be performed on any part of the face and the neck. Such procedures may include those of bone structures and soft tissue. Before undergoing FFS, your surgeon will require you to stop taking hormone replacement therapy 2-weeks before your scheduled surgery and for 2-weeks after surgery.
Facial Feminization Procedures are usually performed under general anesthetic due to the intrusive nature - here are some examples:
• Hairline Advancement - also known as a hairline lowering. This procedure moves your hairline forward to give you a younger look and feminize facial shape.
• Brow lift - this is considered one of the most effective procedures of FFS to feminize the upper part of the face. Men’s eyebrows are usually below their brow ridges, while women’s are above their brow ridges.
• Forehead contouring - this is often done by removing excess bone combined by reshaping to feminize your facial features. This procedure may also include bone shaving, filling, and reconstruction.
• Orbital rim contouring - eye shape is also a differentiating feature between males and females. This type of procedure is centered on the bones around the eyes. It involves the removal of the orbital ridge to bring out the eyes and make you look more feminine.
• Rhinoplasty - men’s noses are usually wider and larger than women’s noses. This type of procedure will change the shape and size of your nose to make it appear narrower, shorter, and slightly concave like that of a woman.
• Cheek Augmentation- women often have fuller cheeks. Cheek augmentation can be done via fat grafting or a combination of fat grafting and cheek implants.
• Lip - such lip procedure follows after rhinoplasty. Usually, when the nose is made smaller, it tends to increase the distance between the upper lip and the nose. This procedure restores the right distance between the two.
• Chin and jaw contouring - the length of the chin can be reduced by either bone shaving or “sliding genioplasty”, wherein a section of bone/s will be removed.
• Tracheal shave - or what others know as Adam’s apple reduction. Undergoing this type of surgery will remove your thyroid cartilage to achieve a feminine looking neck.
It is vital that you strictly follow all aftercare instructions as well as follow-up check-ups for your recovery. Removal of stitches (if any) will also depend on the type of procedure but tend to be about a week post-op. Note that you will not be able to travel after your surgery; you’ll need to thoroughly rest and wait for your surgeon to give you the go-ahead to travel, but expect to stay in Switzerland for at least 2-weeks post-op.
Expect to rest for 2-weeks, during which you should refrain from lifting heavy objects and return back to work in a few weeks. If you had forehead work, your surgeon will secure your eyebrows in place, so you must avoid plucking your eyebrows for a few weeks while the tissue heals. Rhinoplasty, on the other hand, is a more delicate procedure, so special care is required to avoid impacting the nose for several weeks post-surgery.
It is advisable that you maintain a regular check-up with your local Doctor to monitor your healing once you've returned home. Since FFS is a series of different procedures, aftercare will also vary on the type of surgery you have undergone.
Facial feminization is deemed as extremely personal. Many trans-women view it as a huge leap towards relieving their gender dysphoria, and given our technological advancements, success rates for these surgical procedures have increased significantly. A lot of trans-women have shown significant improvements in their quality of life, including their mental, physical, and social well-being. On the other hand, it’s also important to be cautious about the possible risks involved with FFS, for example:
Check out this video for before and after images of FFS patients, you'll be amazed by some of the results made possible by this surgical procedure.
Non-surgical treatments such as fillers and Botox or Dysport can be an alternative to facial feminization surgery. Neuromodulators are used to lessen the size of the cheeks and to sculpt the face; cheekbones can also be enhanced with the use of fillers. Fillers are used for enhancing the size of the upper and lower lip and this alternative procedure is now very popular not just to a transgender woman but as well as a cisgender woman.