Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Let us do the hard work and save you hours of searching online, across countless different websites. And don’t forget, our service is completely FREE with no upfront fees applied – you pay the hospital directly AND you pay the same as if you went directly to them. By submitting your unique requirements to us, you’re guaranteeing the best value, priority admission to all our partner Hospitals and through our direct connections, we can get your questions answered as quickly as possible.
A type of Bariatric Surgery used to treat morbid obesity by aiding dramatic weight loss. It is also known to help lessen the problems associated with asthma, high blood pressure (hypertension), type 2 diabetes and general heart problems. With a gastric sleeve or sleeve gastrectomy, the stomach is reduced to about 15% of its original capacity by surgically removing a large portion, resulting in a sleeve or tube-like structure that is held together using a stapling device. The sensation of feeling ‘full’ when eating occurs much quicker due to the tiny capacity of this new stomach, therefore leading to rapid weight loss. The new stomach is about 10% of its original size and the procedure is irreversible.
Also referred to as obesity surgery, metabolic surgery or weight loss surgery, Bariatric procedures are designed to restrict the amount of food the body can absorb.
MyMediTravel offers 33 Medical Centers in Bangkok, some of which offer Gastric Sleeve procedures - see below for the complete list, along with estimated prices. The price of a Gastric Sleeve can vary according to each individual’s case and will be determined based on a patients medical records / medical profile and an in-person assessment with the surgeon. For a bespoke quote and to discuss further with a member of our patient support team, Click Here to submit your Free Quote.
Additional factors to consider:
1. Recovery time varies and most gastric sleeve surgeries can be performed via keyhole under general anesthetic so scarring is minimal. This makes for shorter recovery time. Most people stay in the hospital 3 to 5 days, and get back to normal activities in 4 to 6 weeks.
2. Success rate is extremely high and it is common to lose weight quickly over the first year following bariatric surgery and a Dietitian will recommend changes to your diet and eating patterns, including additional vitamins and minerals, to achieve the best results. Most people lose at least 50–60% of their excess body weight. Surgery will not necessarily get you back within the healthy weight range (BMI of 20–25kg/m2) but it will get you closer to it.
3. Behaviour modification is essential; a commitment to regular exercise and a disciplined approach to diet are vital to the success of the treatment. It is common for the sleeve to gradually expand over time, allowing for a welcomed increase in food in-take, but patients must maintain their discipline and not use this as an opportunity to eat more and put on weight.
4. Patient reviews often cite the improved self-esteem and quality of life. The vast majority of patients are extremely happy with their decision and despite the risk and challenges would recommend it to others, with less than 1 in 10 experiencing any issues.
5. Complications and side effects may include, bleeding or leaks from the staple joins, bowel obstruction, feeling weak from low blood sugar levels and the risk of infection. Patients should expect some loose skin, particularly in areas of extreme weight loss.
6. Preparation will involve several tests and consultations with experts to determine which bariatric procedure is most suitable.
7. For a better understanding of the procedure, watch this short video.
Alternatives Bariatric Procedures:
1. Gastric Band - An inflatable silicone device is fitted around the top portion of the stomach to create a smaller stomach pouch, intended to decrease the amount of food consumed in one go.
2. Gastric Bypass - The stomach is divided into two parts; a small upper pouch and a large lower ‘remnant’ pouch. The small intestine is rearranged accordingly, bypassing the large pouch and thus significantly reducing the volume of the stomach.
3. Gastric Balloon - An inflatable device is temporarily inserted into the stomach via endoscopic placement. The balloon obstructs a sizable area of the stomach, thus reducing the amount of food it can contain at any one time.
As the political, economic, cultural, culinary, and spiritual capital of Thailand, Bangkok features both old-world charm and modern convenience & property developments with a high quality lifestyle, at times served up in an apparently chaotic manner, but always with a friendly smile. And at the heart of Thailand’s Medical Tourism industry, Bangkok boasts a plethora of hospitals, clinics and dental facilities numbering in the hundreds. With some of the world’s finest hospitals, Bangkok specialises in all forms of medical, cosmetic and dental procedures.
Our Team is here to support you on every step of the wayHelp me find a clinic
Find top clinics for Gastric Sleeve in Bangkok at the lowest price. Compare costs & reviews of 33 clinics, specialized in Gastric Sleeve procedures in Bangkok.
Search by Region, Location or Project