Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Let us do the hard work and save you hours of searching online, across countless different websites. And don’t forget, our service is completely FREE with no upfront fees applied – you pay the hospital directly AND you pay the same as if you went directly to them. By submitting your unique requirements to us, you’re guaranteeing the best value, priority admission to all our partner Hospitals and through our direct connections, we can get your questions answered as quickly as possible.
Also known as Gender Reassignment or Sex Change Surgery, involves the surgical procedures required to change a person’s sexual characteristics from one gender to the other. The term Transgender can be used to refer to such a person. The procedure can be used to transition a person from Male to Female and from Female to Male. M to F procedure involves reshaping of male genitals to appear and function as female genitalia (including a vaginoplasty), hair removal therapy, hormone replacement, facial feminisation surgery and Breast Augmentation.
Hormone treatment is started one year prior to surgery and continues after, where oestrogen helps to reshape the body’s contours and stimulates the growth of labia majora. At least one therapist will be required to assess a patient’s psychological wellbeing before the go-ahead can be given.
MyMediTravel offers 4 Medical Centers in Dominican Republic, some of which offer Sex Reassignment Surgery (Male to Female) procedures - see below for the complete list, along with prices. Note, average cost can vary depending on the degree of functionality and which procedures a patient wants included. Please submit a Free Quote and one of our agents will get to work on your bespoke request focused in Dominican Republic right away.
Prerequisites to Surgery
1. Patients must be at least 20 years old or have consent from parents / legal guardians for those between 18 and 20.
2. At least 12 months of successful and continuous real-life experience living as a woman.
3. At least 12 months of continuous hormonal therapy.
4. Must consult with a psychiatrist in home country and in the country where the procedure will be performed (this can be arranged in chosen hospital).
5. Physically fit for surgery.
Popular MTF Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS) Techniques
1. SRS with Penile Skin Inversion
2. SRS with Scrotal Skin Graft
3. SRS with Sigmoid Colon by Laparoscopic Technique
Popular Procedures to Combine with SRS
2. Breast Augmentation to create the breasts, which is usually performed at a later date.
4. Hair Implants, Hair Removal Therapy and Continued Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Additional factors to consider:
1. Due to the nature of the surgery, recovery time can be a long a painful procedure and will require several follow up procedures immediately after the surgery.
2. Success rate is extremely high now with the more recent advances in technology and procedures applied, however, complications can occur due to the complexity of the procedures. As with any surgery conducted under general anesthetic, there is a possible risk of infection, severe pain, bleeding, blood clotting and scarring.
3. Possible side effects could include Fistula (opening between rectum and vagina), decreased sexual sensation and ability to orgasm, partial death of the tissue used to create the new vagina, labia or clitoris, narrowing of the vagina and hair growth in the vagina from the grafted tissue.
4. Due to the psychological and social consequences of bringing a person's body in-line with their gender-identity, statistics show that patient reviews and satisfaction is considered the highest across any surgical procedure. Whilst no one can expect perfection, the outcome is generally extremely well received.
About the Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic has a diverse landscape and rich culture that have created attractions that cater to visitors with many different interests. Whether you’re interested in nature, jewelry, watersports, or just enjoying the tropical experience, there is something to offer everyone. Puerto Plata is well known for its white-sand beaches, and one of the most popular is Playa Dorada. This is Puerto Plata’s tourist hub, a huge resort complex located along a long stretch of beach. It consists of several hotels, restaurants, a shopping center, and the Robert Trent Jones golf course. The warm waters, and of course the sunshine, make it ideal for swimming and sunbathing. Damajaqua Waterfalls consists of a series of 27 waterfalls and rock pools and is one of the biggest tourist attractions Puerto Plata has to offer. Tours of these waterfalls involve climbing up to the falls before sliding, swimming, or jumping into the pools they create. Within the Dominican Republic, the area of Samaná is home to the Sanctuary of the Humpback Whales and every year between December and March about 2,000 hump-back whales come to reproduce in the waters close to the coast.
Dominican Republic has become popular for medical tourists, especially from the US, who require the best plastic surgery for aesthetic improvement or reconstructive purposes, with Sex Reassignment Surgery (Male to Female) procedures being especially popular. Most medical facilities are centered around the capital, Santo Domingo and Santiago.
Our Team is here to support you on every step of the wayHelp me find a clinic
Find top clinics for Sex Reassignment Surgery (Male to Female) in Dominican Republic at the lowest price. Compare costs & reviews of 4 clinics, specialized in Sex Reassignment Surgery (Male to Female) procedures in Dominican Republic.
Search by Region, Location or Project