Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Let us do the hard work and save you hours of searching online, across countless different websites. And don’t forget, our service is completely FREE with no upfront fees applied – you pay the hospital directly AND you pay the same as if you went directly to them. By submitting your unique requirements to us, you’re guaranteeing the best value, priority admission to all our partner Hospitals and through our direct connections, we can get your questions answered as quickly as possible.
Also known as Gender Reassignment or Sex Change Surgery, involves the surgical procedures required to change a person’s sexual characteristics from one gender to the other. The term Transgender can be used to refer to such a person. The procedure can be used to transition a person from Male to Female and from Female to Male. M to F procedure involves reshaping of male genitals to appear and function as female genitalia (including a vaginoplasty), hair removal therapy, hormone replacement, facial feminisation surgery and Breast Augmentation.
Hormone treatment is started one year prior to surgery and continues after, where oestrogen helps to reshape the body’s contours and stimulates the growth of labia majora. At least one therapist will be required to assess a patient’s psychological wellbeing before the go-ahead can be given.
MyMediTravel offers 2 Medical Centers in Greece, some of which offer Sex Reassignment Surgery (Male to Female) procedures - see below for the complete list, along with prices. Note, average cost can vary depending on the degree of functionality and which procedures a patient wants included. Please submit a Free Quote and one of our agents will get to work on your bespoke request focused in Greece right away.
Prerequisites to Surgery
1. Patients must be at least 20 years old or have consent from parents / legal guardians for those between 18 and 20.
2. At least 12 months of successful and continuous real-life experience living as a woman.
3. At least 12 months of continuous hormonal therapy.
4. Must consult with a psychiatrist in home country and in the country where the procedure will be performed (this can be arranged in chosen hospital).
5. Physically fit for surgery.
Popular MTF Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS) Techniques
1. SRS with Penile Skin Inversion
2. SRS with Scrotal Skin Graft
3. SRS with Sigmoid Colon by Laparoscopic Technique
Popular Procedures to Combine with SRS
2. Breast Augmentation to create the breasts, which is usually performed at a later date.
4. Hair Implants, Hair Removal Therapy and Continued Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Additional factors to consider:
1. Due to the nature of the surgery, recovery time can be a long a painful procedure and will require several follow up procedures immediately after the surgery.
2. Success rate is extremely high now with the more recent advances in technology and procedures applied, however, complications can occur due to the complexity of the procedures. As with any surgery conducted under general anesthetic, there is a possible risk of infection, severe pain, bleeding, blood clotting and scarring.
3. Possible side effects could include Fistula (opening between rectum and vagina), decreased sexual sensation and ability to orgasm, partial death of the tissue used to create the new vagina, labia or clitoris, narrowing of the vagina and hair growth in the vagina from the grafted tissue.
4. Due to the psychological and social consequences of bringing a person's body in-line with their gender-identity, statistics show that patient reviews and satisfaction is considered the highest across any surgical procedure. Whilst no one can expect perfection, the outcome is generally extremely well received.
Greece & the Greek Islands are known for 3 things: ancient civilization, amazing landscapes and high developed tourism.
Athens is the capital of Greece and among the most interesting places in the world, which includes the world-famous Acropolis with the Temple of Parthenon, the New Acropolis Museum, the Theatre of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Agora, the Roman Agora and others
Greece welcomes an ever-increasing number of medical tourists each year, many of which travel for Sex Reassignment Surgery (Male to Female) procedures. Greece is fast becoming a competitive destination for in vitro fertilization, thanks to the combination of high-quality and innovative services at reasonable rates.
Greece played host to the European Medical Tourism and Global Healthcare Congress, in Athens May 2018. The conference saw world health leaders, medical directors, and government officials assemble under one roof to discuss the future of medical tourism in Europe. Greece is beginning to take a stand as a major key player in the medical travel industry, thanks to its temperate climate, highly-trained medical staff, and cutting-edge medical innovations.
Our Team is here to support you on every step of the wayHelp me find a clinic
Find top clinics for Sex Reassignment Surgery (Male to Female) in Greece at the lowest price. Compare costs & reviews of 2 clinics, specialized in Sex Reassignment Surgery (Male to Female) procedures in Greece.
Search by Region, Location or Project