Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Let us do the hard work and save you hours of searching online, across countless different websites. And don’t forget, our service is completely FREE with no upfront fees applied – you pay the hospital directly AND you pay the same as if you went directly to them. By submitting your unique requirements to us, you’re guaranteeing the best value, priority admission to all our partner Hospitals and through our direct connections, we can get your questions answered as quickly as possible.
This type of bariatric procedure is used to treat morbid obesity by aiding dramatic weight loss. It is also known to help lessen the problems associated with asthma, high blood pressure (hypertension), type 2 diabetes and general heart problems. An alternative to surgery, also known as the stomach balloon. With a gastric balloon, an inflatable device is temporarily inserted into the stomach and is considered non-surgical as it’s inserted by endoscopic placement. The purpose of the balloon is to obstruct a sizable area of the stomach, thus reducing the amount of food it can contain at any one time. The sensation of feeling ‘full’ when eating occurs much quicker due to the reduced capacity of the stomach. After the desired weight loss has occurred, usually around 6 months, the device is removed using endoscopy again.
Also referred to as obesity surgery, metabolic surgery or weight loss surgery, Bariatric procedures are designed to restrict the amount of food the body can absorb.
MyMediTravel offers 71 Medical Centers in Thailand, some of which offer Gastric Balloon Treatment procedures - see below for the complete list, along with estimated prices. The price of a Gastric Balloon Treatment can vary according to each individual’s case and will be determined based on a patients medical records / medical profile and an in-person assessment with the surgeon. For a bespoke quote and to discuss further with a member of our patient support team, Click Here to submit your Free Quote.
Additional factors to consider:
1. The deflated balloons are inserted into the stomach through the mouth using an endoscope, although uncomfortable, it is generally painless and only takes 15 minutes. A mild anesthetic is often used and patients can expect to go home the same day.
2. Success rate is extremely high and it is common to lose weight quite quickly over the 6 month period. Most people lose at least 20-30% of their excess body weight (above a BMI of 25).
3. As with other Bariatric procedures, behaviour modification is important; a commitment to regular exercise and a disciplined approach to diet are vital to the success of the treatment.
4. Patient reviews often cite the improved self-esteem and quality of life. The vast majority of patients are extremely happy with the outcome, which comes with the safety of not having to undergo serious surgery.
5. Complications and side effects are minimal, but can include, bleeding or perforation during the insertion process, gastric discomfort, a sense of heaviness in the stomach, reflex and indigestion. Patients may see some loose skin, particularly in areas of extreme weight loss, however, this is less frequent as weight loss is not as extreme as that with surgery.
6. Removal of the balloons is very simple, but patients must maintain their disciplined diet and exercise regime after they are removed and hunger levels revert.
7. For a better understanding of the procedure, watch this short video.
Alternatives Bariatric Procedures:
1. Gastric Band - An inflatable silicone device is fitted around the top portion of the stomach to create a smaller stomach pouch, intended to decrease the amount of food consumed in one go.
2. Gastric Bypass - The stomach is divided into two parts; a small upper pouch and a large lower ‘remnant’ pouch. The small intestine is rearranged accordingly, bypassing the large pouch and thus significantly reducing the volume of the stomach.
3. Gastric Balloon - An inflatable device is temporarily inserted into the stomach via endoscopic placement. The balloon obstructs a sizable area of the stomach, thus reducing the amount of food it can contain at any one time.
Thailand leads the way for Asian countries with over 60 state-of-the-art JCI accredited facilities and consistently voted one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. It's known for its tropical beaches, floating markets, stunning royal palaces and Buddhist temples. In Bangkok, the capital, an ultramodern cityscape rises with brand new high-rise condominium developments next to quiet canal side communities. According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand, the most popular tourist areas outside of Bangkok are Phuket, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin and Pattaya, all with great yacht chartering opportunities.
Thailand welcomes hundreds of thousands of medical tourists each year, many of which travel for Gastric Balloon Treatment procedures. Medical Tourists travel from all across the globe, particularly from the local SE Asia region, Australia, US, Middle East and an increasing amount are traveling from China. An outstanding private healthcare system combined with a hot tropical climate and competitive prices means that Thailand is now the third most popular destination in the world for medical tourism. The most popular procedures tend to be cosmetic surgery (breast augmentations, gender reassignment surgery and CoolSculpting to name a few), cardiac surgery, orthopedics and urology.
Our Team is here to support you on every step of the wayHelp me find a clinic
Find top clinics for Gastric Balloon Treatment in Thailand at the lowest price. Compare costs & reviews of 71 clinics, specialized in Gastric Balloon Treatment procedures in Thailand.
Search by Region, Location or Project