Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Let us do the hard work and save you hours of searching online, across countless different websites. And don’t forget, our service is completely FREE with no upfront fees applied – you pay the hospital directly AND you pay the same as if you went directly to them. By submitting your unique requirements to us, you’re guaranteeing the best value, priority admission to all our partner Hospitals and through our direct connections, we can get your questions answered as quickly as possible.
KCM Clinic, founded in 2006, is a multi-disciplinary hospital with nearly 200 staff and over 50 doctors/surgeons. The main focus of the clinic has always been on International patients. Over the years, a modern, safe and efficient medical travel systems have been developed. Each year, thousands of patients from all over the world choose KCM Clinic for their procedures, including:
Having achieved ISO 9001:2009 accreditation, patients are guaranteed the highest level of service and exposure to the latest equipment across all disciplines.
The Global Clinic Rating Agency has awarded the KCM Clinic with International Accreditations in Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology, Spine Surgery, and Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery. Also, the Bariatric Surgery Department was ranked 1 among the "Top 10 Bariatric Surgery clinics and hospitals in the world".
The clinic can handle travel arrangements for its international patients, including airport pickup, accommodation at one of their local partner hotels, visa application advice, and even translation services.
Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice. He gained experience at the Department of General Surgery and Clinical Endocrinology Hospital in Bytom and as Head of the Department of General Surgery and District Hospital in Swietoclowice and world reputable surgical centers:
• The European Institute of Telesurgery- IRCAD / EITS – Hôpitaux Universitaires, Strasbourg - France,
• European School of Laparoscopic Surgery - Saint-Pierre University Hospital, Brussels - Belgium,
• Aesculap Akademie, Tuttlingen - Germany,
• Endo-Surgery Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA,
• Medical Expert Training Center General Surgery Kantonspital, Baden - Switzerland,
• Imelda Hospital, Bonheiden - Belgium,
• Tyco Healthcare Covidien European Training Centre, Elancourt - France,
• Department of General - Vascular and Pediatric Surgery AZ Sint-Jan Hospital in Bruges - Belgium,
• The Insitute of Biomechanics of Valencia (IBV), Valencia - Spain
• Nemocnice s Polikliniku v NovyJicin, Novy Jicin - the Czech Republic
• Department of Medical and Surgical Digestive Diseases, Ecole Européenne de Chirurgie - EEC, Paris - France
• Amsterdam Medical Center, Amsterdam - Netherlands
2003 – 2009 Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Specialization in General Surgery
2010 – 2016 2’nd Department of General Surgery, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
2010-2014 Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
2016 – Bariatric Surgery Fellowship, Homerton University Hospital, Great Britain, London, 2016
2017 – Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Facts & Figures
Nearly 800 bariatric procedures (as operator or supervisory assistance):
- 60% Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy,
- 30% Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-Y),
- 10% revisional procedures and others
Lowest post-surgery infection rate associated with Obesity surgery
Nearly 100 bariatric endoscopic procedures (intragastric balloon – Orbera, MedSil)
Nearly 1000 other laparoscopic procedures:
- Gastric surgery and Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication
- Laparoscopic hernia surgery (TAPP)
- Hepatobiliary surgery, bowel and oncological surgery
- Minimal invasion emergency surgery
Professional achievements in laparoscopic surgery and Awards
European Leading Expert in Weight Loss Surgery:
- Expert in Advanced Bariatric Surgery for Johnson & Johnson and Medtronic
Member of International Federation for Obesity Surgery IFSO
Member of International Bariatric Club
- Fellow of European Board of Surgery (FEBS)
- Workshop in RnY Gastric Bypass, Ghent, Belgium, 2017
- Bariatric Surgery Research: From Concept to Publication and Presentation (IFSO 2017 - Postgraduate Course), Great Britain, London, 2017
- Minimal Invasive Techniques for Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery, Hamburg, Germany, 2018
- Advanced course in bariatric surgery – SADI, Barcelona, 2018
- Advanced course in bariatric surgery: Best Practices in OR – optimizing outcomes through speciality synergy, Bruges, Belgium, 2018
2017 - Award of the District Medical Council for the best result in specialization exam, Krakow
2016 - First prize fororal presentation: "Influence of laparoscopic gastric by-pass learning curve on complications and bariatric treatment effects", International Congress of (bio)Medical Sciences, Groningen,
2016 — Harold Ellis Prize for the best manuscript published in International Journal of Surgery (Early implementation of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS®) protocol - compliance improves outcomes: a prospective cohort study)
2015 — First Prize for the best poster presentation, 67th Congress of the Association of Polish Surgeons,
2015 — Honourable mention for the best intestinal surgery abstract, 67th Congress of the Association of Polish Surgeons, Lublin
2014 - First prize forthe best poster "Quality of life after bariatric surgery", PhD Students Conference,
2011 — First Prize for the series of abstracts on minimally invasive surgery, 65th Congress of the Association of Polish Surgeons, Łódź
2010 — Prize for the best Students’ Scientific Society tutor at the Jagiellonian University Medical College,
2005-2009 - 56 scientific papers presented at national and international students scientific conferences, with among them 15 have received awards
1. GlobalSurg II - Determining the worldwide epidemiology of surgical site infections after abdominal surgery, World Society of Emergency Surgery – I’m country leader of the project in Poland.
2. CIAO Study (“Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections Observational European Study”)
3. POSAW (Prospective Observational Study on Acute Appendicitis Worldwide) STUDY, World Society of Emergency Surgery
4. AGORA (Antimicrobials: A Global Alliance for Optimizing their Rational Use in Intra-Abdominal Infections), World Society of Emergency Surgery
5. GEMPOL (German-Ethiopian-Mozambiq-Poland Academic Teachers Cooperation) – project menager
6. WISS Study (“Global validation of the WSES Sepsis Severity Score for patients with complicated intraabdominal infections: a prospective multicentre study”)
7. G10 – Trial (“10 point intra-operative Gall Bladder scoring – Validation study”)
8. K/ZDS/006997 - COLOR III: a multicentre randomised clinical trial comparing transanal TME versus laparoscopic TME for mid and low rectal cancer
1988-1994 - Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
1994-2004 Department of General Surgery, Gryfice, Poland
Specialization in General Surgery:
2004 - 2010 - Department of Plastic Surgery Polanica-Zdrój Hospital, Poland
Specialization in Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgery:
1994-1999 - Department of Plastic Surgery, Hospital Gryfice
1999-2005 - West Pomeranian Burning Center and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Gryfice
2005-2012 - Clinic of Plastic Surgery in Polanica-Zdrój
2012-2018 - Private Aesthetic Clinic Wroclaw
2018 - till now - Head of Plastic Surgery Department at KCM Hospital
International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Polish Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
Association of Polish Surgeons
Polish Burns Treatment Association
Facts & Figures
One of most experienced polish esthetic plastic surgeons, 20 years’ experience in plastic surgery
Polish Leading Expert in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery:
Expert in Plastic Surgery for Baxter Co.
About 10 000 Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Procedures:
Wroclaw Medical University - degree and higher 2nd degree both in orthopaedic and trauma surgery
Polish Orthopedic Surgery Society
Posts held Senior House Officer 1977-1980. Orthopedic Registrar 1980-1984.
Head pediatric Orthopedic Department Hospital Kamienna Gora 1984-1990.
Senior House Officer Margate and Canterbury Hospitals 1990-1992 England.
Orthopedic Registrar 1992-1994 Canterbury, Ashford and Dover Hospitals England. Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon -William Harvey Hospital Ashford England 1994-1995.
Head of the Department of Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery Regional Hospital Jelenia Gora Poland from 1996 to 2008.
Head of the Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery Department in Zgorzelec Poland from 2008 -2015.
currently Head of Orthopedic Department KCM Hospital.
ADDITIONAL MEDICAL TRAINING:
Postgraduate training- The Royal College Of Surgeons of England from March 1990 to March 1994.
Hip and knee arthroplasty training while with Royal College of Surgeons of England 2000
Postgraduate training - Orthopedic Department University of Budapest - July to September 1986.
Postgraduate training in arthroscopic surgery Munich and Koln/ Germany/ Naples/ Florida USA. Shoulder course Reading England 1993.
The information being provided by MyMediTravel about KCM Clinic is for the visitor's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective treatments and procedures. Any information relating to KCM Clinic referenced on this web site comes from the Internet Data Exchange program defined by MyMediTravel. This web site may reference listings held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent who owns this web site. Any information relating to KCM Clinic, regardless of source, including but not limited to prices and available procedures, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. The data contained herein is copyrighted by MyMediTravel and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.